Pompeo Girolamo Batoni (25 January 1708 - 4 February 1787) was an Italian painter whose style incorporated elements of the French Rococo, Bolognese classicism, and nascent Neoclassicism.
Batoni aimed at overcoming the excesses and frivolities of the Rococo by taking inspiration in classical antiquity and in the work of artists such as Nicolas Poussin, and especially Raphael. As such he was a precursor of Neoclassicism.
He was born in Lucca, the son of a goldsmith, Paolino Batoni. He moved to Rome in 1727, and apprenticed with Agostino Masucci, Sebastiano Conca and/or Francesco Imperiali (1679-1740).
- Baglione, Giovanni Italian Late Mannerist and Early Baroque painter, 1566-1643
- Bailly, David Dutch, 1584-1657
- Baldovinetti, Alessio Italian, 1425-1499
- Balen, Hendrick von Dutch, approx. 1575-1632
- Balla, Giacomo Italian, 1871-1958
- Bard, James American, 1815-1897
- Barocci, Federico Italian Renaissance painter and printmaker, 1526-1612
- Barry, James Irish, 1741-1806
- Baschenis, Evaristo Italian, 1617-1677
- Bassano, Jacopo Italian, approx. 1510-1592
- Baugin, Lubin French, 1612-1663
- Bayeu, Ramon Spanish Neoclassicist painter, 1746-1793
- Bazille, Frederic French Impressionist painter, 1841-1870
- Beard, William Holbrook American painter, 1825-1900
- Beckwith, James Carroll American landscape, portrait and genre painter, 1852-1917
- Beaux, Cecilia American society portraitist, 1855-1942
- Beccafumi, Domenico Italian Renaissance-Mannerist painter, 1486-1551
- Beert, Osias Flemish, 1580-1624
- Albotto, Francesco Italy, 1721-1757
- Albright, Adam Emory United States, 1862-1957
We can do all styles and subjects: People, Landscape, Still life, Portrait, Impressionism, Abstract, classical paintings, Seascapes, Cityscapes, romantic sceneries, flowers, fruits, winebottle, animals, horse, monkey, tiger, dog, chicken, and modern oil paintings, religious paintings, art deco, POP art, oil painting with figures and nudes, contemporary artworks, realistic paintings by photo. Choose best material for all oil paintings, Attractive image and vivid color, assured quality.