Claude Oscar Monet
Claude Monet or Claude Oscar Monet (14 November 1840 - 5 December 1926) was a founder of French impressionist painting, and the most consistent and prolific practitioner of the movement's philosophy of expressing one's perceptions before nature, especially as applied to plein-air landscape painting. The term Impressionism is derived from the title of his painting Impression, Sunrise. Claude Monet was born on 14 November 1840 on the 5th floor of 45 rue Laffitte, in the ninth arrondissement of Paris. He was the second son of Claude Adolphe Monet and Louise Justine Aubree Monet, both of them second-generation Parisians. On 20 May 1841, he was baptised in the local parish church, Notre-Dame-de-Lorette, as Oscar Claude. In 1845, his family moved to Le Havre in Normandy. His father wanted him to go into the family grocery business, but Monet wanted to become an artist. His mother was a singer.
On the first of April 1851, Monet entered Le Havre secondary school of the arts. He first became known locally for his charcoal caricatures, which he would sell for ten to twenty francs. Monet also undertook his first drawing lessons from Jacques-Francois Ochard, a former student of Jacques-Louis David. On the beaches of Normandy in about 1856/1857 he met fellow artist Eugene Boudin, who became his mentor and taught him to use oil paints. Boudin taught Monet "en plein air" (outdoor) techniques for painting.
On 28 January 1857 his mother died. At the age of sixteen, he left school and went to live with his widowed childless aunt, Marie-Jeanne Lecadre.
- Bache, Berta United States
- Bache, Otto Denmark, 1839 - 1914
- Bail, Franck Antoine France, 1858 - 1924
- Menzel, Adolph von Germany, 1815 - 1905
- Messina, Antonello da approx. 1430-1479
- Metsu, Gabriel Holland, 1629 - 1669
- Michelangelo Italy, 1475-1564, Michelangelo Buonarroti
- Millais, Sir John Everett English, 1829-1896
- Miro, Joan Spanish, 1893-1983
- Mondrian, Piet Dutch, 1872-1944
- Hunt, Geoff United Kingdom
- Picasso, Pablo Spanish
- Moreau, Gustave France, 1826 - 1898
- Morisot, Berthe France, 1841 - 1895
- Moroni, Giovanni Battista Italian painter, 1546 - 1578
- Morse, Samuel Finley Breese American, 1791 - 1872
- Motley, Archibald J Jr African-American
- Munch, Edvard Norway, 1863 - 1944
- Munkacsy, Mihaly Hungary, 1844 - 1900
- Murillo, Bartolome Esteban Spanish painter, 1617 - 1682
We can do all styles and subjects: People, Landscape, Still life, Portrait, Impressionism, Abstract, classical paintings, Seascapes, Cityscapes, romantic sceneries, flowers, fruits, winebottle, animals, horse, monkey, tiger, dog, chicken, and modern oil paintings, religious paintings, art deco, POP art, oil painting with figures and nudes, contemporary artworks, realistic paintings by photo. Choose best material for all oil paintings, Attractive image and vivid color, assured quality.