Frans Hals (c. 1580 - 26 August 1666) was a Dutch Golden Age painter especially famous for portraiture. He is notable for his loose painterly brushwork, and helped introduce this lively style of painting into Dutch art. Hals was also instrumental in the evolution of 17th century group portraiture. Hals was born in 1580 or 1581, in Antwerp. Like many, Hals' family fled during the Fall of Antwerp (1584-1585) from the Spanish Netherlands to Haarlem, where he lived for the remainder of his life. Hals studied under another Flemish emigre, Karel van Mander (1548-1606), whose Mannerist influence, however, is not noticeably visible in his work. At the age of 27, he became a member of the city's painter's corporation, the Haarlem Guild of Saint Luke, and he started to earn money as an art restorer for the city council. He worked on their large art collection that Karel van Mander had described in his book The Painting-Book (Middle Dutch: Het Schilder-Boeck), published in 1604. The most notable of these were the works of Geertgen tot Sint Jans, Jan van Scorel and Jan Mostaert, that hung in de St. Jans kerk in Haarlem. The restoration work was paid for by the city of Haarlem, since all religious art was confiscated after the iconoclasm, but the entire collection of paintings was not formally possessed by the city council until 1625, after the city fathers had decided which paintings were suitable for the city hall. The remaining art that was considered too "Roman Catholic" was sold to Cornelis Claesz van Wieringen, a fellow guild member, on the grounds that he remove it from the city. It was under these circumstances that Hals began his career in portraiture, since the market for religious themes had disappeared.
The earliest known example of Hals' own art is the 1611, Jacobus Zaffius. His 'breakthrough' came in 1616, with the life-size group portrait, The Banquet of the Officers of the St George Militia Company. His most famous portrait today is the one he made in 1649 of Rene Descartes.
- Frieseke, Frederick Carl United States, 1874 - 1939
- Gainsborough, Thomas England, 1727 - 1788
- Gericault, Theodore France, 1791 - 1824
- Ghirlandaio, Domenico Italy, 1449 - 1494
- Giorgione Italy, 1477 - 1510
- Giotto Italy, 1267 - 1337
- Goya, Francisco de Spain, 1746 - 1828
- Gozzoli, Benozzo di Lese di Sandro Italian Renaissance painter, c.1421-1497
- Grien, Hans Baldung Germany, 1484 - 1545
- Grunewald, Matthias Germany, 1470 - 1528
- Hassam, Childe United States, 1859 - 1935
- Hey, Jean -Unknown
- Hogarth, William England, 1697 - 1764
- Holbein, Hans the Younger Germany, 1497 - 1543
- Homer, Winslow United States, 1836 - 1910
- Hopper, Edward United States, 1882 - 1967
- Hughes, Arthur England, 1832 - 1915
- Hunt, William Holman England, 1827 - 1910
- Botero, Fernando Colombia, a figurative artist
- Pino Daeni Italian Impressionist book illustrator and artist
We can do all styles and subjects: People, Landscape, Still life, Portrait, Impressionism, Abstract, classical paintings, Seascapes, Cityscapes, romantic sceneries, flowers, fruits, winebottle, animals, horse, monkey, tiger, dog, chicken, and modern oil paintings, religious paintings, art deco, POP art, oil painting with figures and nudes, contemporary artworks, realistic paintings by photo. Choose best material for all oil paintings, Attractive image and vivid color, assured quality.