Francisco De Goya
Francisco Josede Goya y Lucientes (30 March 1746 - 16 April 1828) was a Spanish painter and printmaker regarded both as the last of the Old Masters and as the first of the moderns. Goya was a court painter to the Spanish Crown and a chronicler of history. The subversive and subjective element in his art, as well as his bold handling of paint, provided a model for the work of later generations of artists, notably Manet and Picasso. Goya was born in Fuendetodos, Aragon, Spain, in 1746 to Jose Benito de Goya y Franque and Gracia de Lucientes y Salvador. He spent his childhood in Fuendetodos, where his family lived in a house bearing the family crest of his mother. His father earned his living as a gilder. About 1749, the family bought a house in the city of Zaragoza and some years later moved into it. Goya attended school at Escuelas Pias, where he formed a close friendship with Martin Zapater, and their correspondence over the years became valuable material for biographies of Goya.
He later moved to Madrid where he studied with Anton Raphael Mengs, a painter who was popular with Spanish royalty. He clashed with his master, and his examinations were unsatisfactory. Goya submitted entries for the Royal Academy of Fine Art in 1763 and 1766, but was denied entrance.
He then journeyed to Rome, where in 1771 he won second prize in a painting competition organized by the City of Parma. Later that year, he returned to Zaragoza and painted a part of the cupola of the Basilica of the Pillar, frescoes of the oratory of the cloisters of Aula Dei, and the frescoes of the Sobradiel Palace. He studied with Francisco Bayeu y Subias and his painting began to show signs of the delicate tonalities for which he became famous.
- Fouquet, Jean Unknown, 1425 - 1480
- Fragonard, Jean-Honore France, 1732 - 1806
- Francesca, Piero della Unknown, 1419 - 1492
- Friedrich, Caspar David Germany, 1774 - 1840
- Frieseke, Frederick Carl United States, 1874 - 1939
- Gainsborough, Thomas England, 1727 - 1788
- Gericault, Theodore France, 1791 - 1824
- Ghirlandaio, Domenico Italy, 1449 - 1494
- Giorgione Italy, 1477 - 1510
- Giotto Italy, 1267 - 1337
- Gozzoli, Benozzo di Lese di Sandro Italian Renaissance painter, c.1421-1497
- Grien, Hans Baldung Germany, 1484 - 1545
- Grunewald, Matthias Germany, 1470 - 1528
- Hals, Frans Netherlands, 1581 - 1666
- Hassam, Childe United States, 1859 - 1935
- Hey, Jean -Unknown
- Hogarth, William England, 1697 - 1764
- Holbein, Hans the Younger Germany, 1497 - 1543
- Homer, Winslow United States, 1836 - 1910
- Hopper, Edward United States, 1882 - 1967
We can do all styles and subjects: People, Landscape, Still life, Portrait, Impressionism, Abstract, classical paintings, Seascapes, Cityscapes, romantic sceneries, flowers, fruits, winebottle, animals, horse, monkey, tiger, dog, chicken, and modern oil paintings, religious paintings, art deco, POP art, oil painting with figures and nudes, contemporary artworks, realistic paintings by photo. Choose best material for all oil paintings, Attractive image and vivid color, assured quality.