August Allebe (1838, Amsterdam - 1927, Amsterdam), was a 19th-century painter from the Northern Netherlands. August Allebe went through in his career, the styles of the romanticism on the realism through to impressionism. He was also a major initiator and promoter of Amsterdam Impressionism, the artist's association St. Lucas and the movement of the Amsterdamse Joffers. He was one of the key factors of the Amsterdam Impressionism - this is referred to by art historians as the School of Allebe. In the movement of the Dutch Impressionism she was the counterflow to the very strong Hague School. A cosmopolitan attitude toward art as a movement and the promotion and motivation of his students is very important for the Rijksakademie. Thus she has been a place of work and part of the art movements of the early 20th century substantial proportion. There were a significant stimulous to the movement of avant-garde in art.
According to the RKD he followed evening classes at Felix Meritis and studied at the Antwerp Academy, the Rijksakademie van beeldende kunsten, and the Ecole des Beaux-Arts in Paris. He was a pupil of Petrus Franciscus Greive, Adolphe Mouilleron, Charles Rochussen and Louis Royer. He became a member of Arti et Amicitiae in Amsterdam from 1863 and a member of Societe Royale Belge des Aquarellistes from 1868. In 1870 he became a professor at the Royal Academy of Amsterdam (Rijksakademie van beeldende kunsten) and was a director there from 1880. The RKD lists 179 pupils and it is known that he stayed in correspondence with ex-pupils and several artists came back to the academy to be able to follow classes with him.
He was a strong influence on the Amsterdamse Joffers, and had close ties with Amsterdam Impressionism.
He is buried at Zorgvlied cemetery.
A square is named after him in the neighborhood of streets named after 19th- and 20th-century Dutch painters in Overtoomse Veld-Noord, Amsterdam.
- Beert, Osias Flemish, 1580-1624
- Albotto, Francesco Italy, 1721-1757
- Albright, Adam Emory United States, 1862-1957
- Aldine, Marc French, 1870 - 1956
- Alexander, Cosmo Scottish portrait painter, 1724 - 1772
- Alexander, Francis United States, 1800 - 1880
- Alexander, William England, 1767 - 1816
- Aligny, Theodore Caruelle d France, 1798 - 1871
- Alken, Henry England, 1785 - 1851
- Allan, William Scotland, 1782 - 1850
- Bega, Cornelis Dutch, approx. 1632-1664
- Bell, Vanessa English, 1879-1961
- Bellegambe, Jean French, approx. 1467-1535
- Bellini, Gentile Italian, 1429-1507
- Bellini, Jacopo Italian, 1400-1470
- Bellotto, Bernardo Italian, 1721-1780
- Bellows, George American, 1882-1925
- Benson, Frank American, 1862-1951
- Champaigne, Philippe de French, 1602-1674
- Chardin, Jean Baptiste Simeon French, 1699-1779
We can do all styles and subjects: People, Landscape, Still life, Portrait, Impressionism, Abstract, classical paintings, Seascapes, Cityscapes, romantic sceneries, flowers, fruits, winebottle, animals, horse, monkey, tiger, dog, chicken, and modern oil paintings, religious paintings, art deco, POP art, oil painting with figures and nudes, contemporary artworks, realistic paintings by photo. Choose best material for all oil paintings, Attractive image and vivid color, assured quality.