Theodore Caruelle D Aligny
Claude Francois Theodore Caruelle d'Aligny (1798-1871) was a French landscape painter.
He was born at Chaumes (Nievre) in 1798. In 1808 he went to Paris, where he studied painting under Watelet, Regnault and Victor Bertin. He made his debut in 1822 with an historical landscape on the subject of Daphnis and Chloe. In 1824 - 7 he travelled in Italy, where he became friend of Corot. He was to return to Italy several more times. He settled in Paris, making frequent visits to Fontainebleau, Barbizon, and the coast of Normandy. In 1843 he went to Greece to make drawings of the major ancient sites, and then continued to Asia Minor.
He was awarded a medal of the first class in 1837, and the Legion of Honour in 1842. His View of Genazzano, Environs of Rome, and View of Royat, France, were sent by the French Government to the International Exhibition of 1862 in London. He was described by Theophile Gautier as the "Ingres of landscape painting".
Aligny died at Lyons in 1871, while holding the post of Director of the Ecole des Beaux-Arts de Lyon.
- Beckwith, James Carroll American landscape, portrait and genre painter, 1852-1917
- Beaux, Cecilia American society portraitist, 1855-1942
- Beccafumi, Domenico Italian Renaissance-Mannerist painter, 1486-1551
- Beert, Osias Flemish, 1580-1624
- Albotto, Francesco Italy, 1721-1757
- Albright, Adam Emory United States, 1862-1957
- Aldine, Marc French, 1870 - 1956
- Alexander, Cosmo Scottish portrait painter, 1724 - 1772
- Alexander, Francis United States, 1800 - 1880
- Alexander, William England, 1767 - 1816
- Alken, Henry England, 1785 - 1851
- Allan, William Scotland, 1782 - 1850
- Allebe, August Holland, 1838 - 1927
- Bega, Cornelis Dutch, approx. 1632-1664
- Bell, Vanessa English, 1879-1961
- Bellegambe, Jean French, approx. 1467-1535
- Bellini, Gentile Italian, 1429-1507
- Bellini, Jacopo Italian, 1400-1470
- Bellotto, Bernardo Italian, 1721-1780
- Bellows, George American, 1882-1925
We can do all styles and subjects: People, Landscape, Still life, Portrait, Impressionism, Abstract, classical paintings, Seascapes, Cityscapes, romantic sceneries, flowers, fruits, winebottle, animals, horse, monkey, tiger, dog, chicken, and modern oil paintings, religious paintings, art deco, POP art, oil painting with figures and nudes, contemporary artworks, realistic paintings by photo. Choose best material for all oil paintings, Attractive image and vivid color, assured quality.