David Bailly (1584-1657) was a Dutch Golden Age painter.
Bailly was born at Leyden in the Dutch Republic, the son of a Flemish immigrant, calligrapher and fencing master, Peter Bailly. As a draftsman, David was pupil of his father and the copper engraver Jacques de Gheyn.
David Bailly apprenticed with a surgeon-painter Adriaan Verburg in Leiden and then with Cornelius van der Voort, a portrait painter in Amsterdam. According to Houbraken, in the winter of 1608, Bailly took his Grand Tour, travelling to Frankfurt, Nuremberg, Augsburg Hamburg, and via Tirol to Venice, and from there to Rome. On his return he spent five months in Venice, all the while working as a journeyman where he could, before crossing the alps again in 1609. On his return voyage, Bailly worked for several German princes including the Duke of Brunswick. Upon his return to the Netherlands in 1613, Bailly began painting still-life subjects and portraits, including self-portraits and portraits of his students and professors at the University of Leiden. He is known for making a number of vanities paintings depicting transience of this life, with such ephemeral symbols as flowers and candles. In 1648 he became headman of the Leiden Guild of St. Luke. Bailly taught his nephews Harmen and Pieter Steenwijck.
- Asselijn, Jan Dutch, 1610-1652
- Ast, Balthasar van der Dutch Golden Age painter, approx. 1593-1657
- Audubon, John James American 1785-1851
- Aved, Jacques-Andre-Joseph French, 1702-1766
- Avercamp, Hendrick Dutch, 1585-1634
- Baburen, Dirck van Dutch, 1595-1624
- Baciccio Giovanni Battista Gaulli, Italian, 1639-1709
- Backhuysen, Ludolf Dutch, 1631-1708
- Bacon, Henry American painter, 1839-1912
- Baglione, Giovanni Italian Late Mannerist and Early Baroque painter, 1566-1643
- Baldovinetti, Alessio Italian, 1425-1499
- Balen, Hendrick von Dutch, approx. 1575-1632
- Balla, Giacomo Italian, 1871-1958
- Bard, James American, 1815-1897
- Barocci, Federico Italian Renaissance painter and printmaker, 1526-1612
- Barry, James Irish, 1741-1806
- Baschenis, Evaristo Italian, 1617-1677
- Bassano, Jacopo Italian, approx. 1510-1592
- Batoni, Pompeo Italian, 1708-1787
- Baugin, Lubin French, 1612-1663
We can do all styles and subjects: People, Landscape, Still life, Portrait, Impressionism, Abstract, classical paintings, Seascapes, Cityscapes, romantic sceneries, flowers, fruits, winebottle, animals, horse, monkey, tiger, dog, chicken, and modern oil paintings, religious paintings, art deco, POP art, oil painting with figures and nudes, contemporary artworks, realistic paintings by photo. Choose best material for all oil paintings, Attractive image and vivid color, assured quality.