Sir Lawrence Alma-Tadema
Sir Lawrence Alma-Tadema (8 January 1836 - 25 June 1912) was a Dutch-born, British painter in the academic tradition. Born in Dronrijp, the Netherlands, and trained at the Royal Academy of Antwerp, Belgium, he settled in England in 1870 and spent the rest of his life there. A classical-subject painter, he became famous for his depictions of the luxury and decadence of the Roman Empire, with languorous figures set in fabulous marbled interiors or against a backdrop of dazzling blue Mediterranean Sea and sky.
Though admired during his lifetime for his draftsmanship and depictions of Classical antiquity, his work fell into disrepute after his death, and only since the 1960s has it been re-evaluated for its importance within nineteenth-century English art.
- Acke, Johan Axel Gustaf Swedish painter, 1859-1924
- Adam, Albrecht Germany, 1786-1862
- Adam, Benno German painter, 1812-1892
- Adam, Julius Germany, 1826-1874
- Adams, John Ottis United States, 1851-1927
- Adams, John Quincy Austria, 1874-1933
- Adams, Kenneth M United States, 1897-1966
- Adan, Louis Emile France, 1839-1937
- Adler, Edmund Austria, 1876-1965
- Adriaenssen, Alexander Belgium, 1587-1661
- Angelico, Fra Italian, 1387-1455
- Arcimboldo, Giuseppe Italian, approx 1526-1593
- Bellini, Giovanni Italian Renaissance painter, c.1430-1516
- Bierstadt, Albert American, 1830-1902
- Blake, William English, 1757-1827
- Bocklin, Amold Swiss, 1827-1901
- Borch, Gerard Ter Dutch, 1617-1681
- Bosch, Hieronymus Dutch, 1450-1516
- Botticelli, Sandro Italian painter, 1445-1510
- Boucher, Francois French, 1703-1770
We can do all styles and subjects: People, Landscape, Still life, Portrait, Impressionism, Abstract, classical paintings, Seascapes, Cityscapes, romantic sceneries, flowers, fruits, winebottle, animals, horse, monkey, tiger, dog, chicken, and modern oil paintings, religious paintings, art deco, POP art, oil painting with figures and nudes, contemporary artworks, realistic paintings by photo. Choose best material for all oil paintings, Attractive image and vivid color, assured quality.