Albert Bierstadt (January 7, 1830 - February 18, 1902) was a German-American painter best known for his lavish, sweeping landscapes of the American West. In obtaining the subject matter for these works, Bierstadt joined several journeys of the Westward Expansion. Though not the first artist to record these sites, Bierstadt was the foremost painter of these scenes for the remainder of the 19th century.
Bierstadt was part of the Hudson River School, not an institution but rather an informal group of like-minded painters. The Hudson River School style involved carefully detailed paintings with romantic, almost glowing lighting, sometimes called luminism. An important interpreter of the western landscape, Bierstadt, along with Thomas Moran, is also grouped with the Rocky Mountain School.
Bierstadt was born in Solingen, Germany. His family moved to New Bedford, Massachusetts, in 1831. He developed a taste for art early and made clever crayon sketches in his youth. In 1851, he began to paint in oils. He studied painting with the members of the Düsseldorf school of painting in Düsseldorf from 1853 to 1857. He taught drawing and painting briefly before devoting himself to painting.
- Adams, John Ottis United States, 1851-1927
- Adams, John Quincy Austria, 1874-1933
- Adams, Kenneth M United States, 1897-1966
- Adan, Louis Emile France, 1839-1937
- Adler, Edmund Austria, 1876-1965
- Adriaenssen, Alexander Belgium, 1587-1661
- Alma-Tadema, Sir Lawrence English, 1836-1912
- Angelico, Fra Italian, 1387-1455
- Arcimboldo, Giuseppe Italian, approx 1526-1593
- Bellini, Giovanni Italian Renaissance painter, c.1430-1516
- Blake, William English, 1757-1827
- Bocklin, Amold Swiss, 1827-1901
- Borch, Gerard Ter Dutch, 1617-1681
- Bosch, Hieronymus Dutch, 1450-1516
- Botticelli, Sandro Italian painter, 1445-1510
- Boucher, Francois French, 1703-1770
- Bouguereau, William-Adolphe French, 1825-1905
- Bouts, Dieric Netherlandish painter, 1420-1475
- Bronzino, Agnolo Italian, 1503-1572
- Bruegel, Pieter the Elder Flemish Renaissance painter, 1525-1569
We can do all styles and subjects: People, Landscape, Still life, Portrait, Impressionism, Abstract, classical paintings, Seascapes, Cityscapes, romantic sceneries, flowers, fruits, winebottle, animals, horse, monkey, tiger, dog, chicken, and modern oil paintings, religious paintings, art deco, POP art, oil painting with figures and nudes, contemporary artworks, realistic paintings by photo. Choose best material for all oil paintings, Attractive image and vivid color, assured quality.