Duccio Di Buoninsegna
Duccio di Buoninsegna (c. 1255-1260 - c. 1318-1319) was an Italian artist, active in the city of Siena in Tuscany, where he was born, in the late 13th and early fourteenth centuries.
Much about his early life and family is uncertain; but there are records that say he was married with seven children. Although there is a lot still unconfirmed about Duccio and his life, there is more documentation of him than of other Italian painters of his time and earlier. A large part his life must be reconstructed from the evidence of works that can be attributed to him with certainty, and from the evidence contained in his stylistic development.
There are many times that he had debts and fines, leading historians to believe that he had a difficult time managing his life and his money. His artistic talents were enough to overshadow his lack of organization as a citizen, and he became famous in his own lifetime. In the 1300s Duccio became one of the most favored and radical painters in Siena. He is considered to be the father of Sienese painting and along with a few others the founder of Western art. He was hired throughout his life to complete many important works in government and religious buildings around Italy. Duccio is credited with creating the painting style of Trecento and the Sienese school, and contributed significantly to the Sienese Gothic style.
Duccio began to break down the sharp lines of Byzantine art, and soften the figures. He used modeling (playing with light and dark colors) to reveal the figures underneath the heavy drapery; hands, faces, and feet became more rounded and three-dimensional.
- Bocklin, Amold Swiss, 1827-1901
- Borch, Gerard Ter Dutch, 1617-1681
- Bosch, Hieronymus Dutch, 1450-1516
- Botticelli, Sandro Italian painter, 1445-1510
- Boucher, Francois French, 1703-1770
- Bouguereau, William-Adolphe French, 1825-1905
- Bouts, Dieric Netherlandish painter, 1420-1475
- Bronzino, Agnolo Italian, 1503-1572
- Bruegel, Pieter the Elder Flemish Renaissance painter, 1525-1569
- Brueghel, Jan the Elder Flemish, 1568-1625
- Burne-Jones, Sir Edward Coley English, 1833-1898
- Canaletto Italian, 1697-1768
- Caravaggio Italian, 1571-1610
- Carpaccio Italian, approx. 1455-1526
- Carracci, Annibale Italian, 1560-1609
- Cassatt, Mary American, 1844-1926
- Cezanne, Paul French, 1839-1906
- Chadwick, William American, 1879-1962
- Chagall, Marc Russian painter, 1887-1985
- Aenvanck, Theodoor Belgian, 1633-1690
We can do all styles and subjects: People, Landscape, Still life, Portrait, Impressionism, Abstract, classical paintings, Seascapes, Cityscapes, romantic sceneries, flowers, fruits, winebottle, animals, horse, monkey, tiger, dog, chicken, and modern oil paintings, religious paintings, art deco, POP art, oil painting with figures and nudes, contemporary artworks, realistic paintings by photo. Choose best material for all oil paintings, Attractive image and vivid color, assured quality.